X-ray tube with cold cathode (PRT) uses built-in photomultiplier tube (PMT), as a source of electrons, instead of traditional cathodes. X-rays are adjusted by light hit the PMT photocathode. Light-emitting diode, lamp or any other source can be used as the light source. PRT can be applied in medicine (X-ray tomography), biology, x-ray space communications, in equipment for X-ray structure and X-ray spectral analyses.
– Operation in continuous and pulse modes;
– In pulse mode provides 100% modulation in range from 100 Hz to 1 MHz with a du-ty cycle of 2 (the fill factor of 0.5);
– Zero lag;
– X-ray intensity is adjusted by light-emitting diode current;
– Purity of spectrum due to photocathode (cold cathode), as a source of electrons;
– Variation of PMT photocathode material allows control of the light of different range from UV to near-IR;
– Provides anode current up to 1 mA at low anode voltages (is important with Be window);
– The same device could be used to produce soft X-ray (at low voltages) and X-ray of medium hardness (at voltages up to 100 kV).
Samples of PRT of 44 mm diameter without Be window and 55 mm with Be window of 12 mm diameter. Anode materials: copper, silver, tungsten.
|Without Be window||With Be window|
|Tube diameter, mm||44||55|
|Tube length, mm (without divider)||220||290|
|Focus size, mm (is specified)||0,8×1,2||1,0×2,0|
|Voltage, kV||3 ¸ 40||3 ¸ 100|
|Anode current, mA||0,01 ÷ 1,0||0,01 ÷ 1,0|
|Operation speed, s||<1·10-7||<1·10-7|
|Power, W||≤ 40||≤ 100|
|Frequency range (in pulse mode), kHz||0 ÷ 1000||0 ÷ 1000|
SPECTRAL RESPONSE CHARACTERISTICS
(anode voltage of 29 kV, current of 250 µA).Zr K line corresponds to glass material. Anode is made of silver.
A list of the most complete specifications can be submitted under additional request.